April 26, 2017
12:00 - 1:30 PM ET
Live, Interactive, Online Session via Webex
Continuing Education Credits with Certificate of Participation:
1 PACC credit; 1.5 IAPP credit; 1.5 HIM-CPE credit; 1.5 CEUs toward CPHIMS-CA
Brendan Seaton - Chief Creative Officer, Privacy Horizon Inc; Privacy by Design Ambassador; President, ITAC Health
Addressing privacy concerns is a critical success factor for any healthcare organization. However, privacy terminology, principles and legislation can be confusing for health care and health informatics professionals. This online session teaches you the fundamentals of privacy. It answers the following questions:
- What is the difference between privacy, confidentiality and security?
- What are the 10 privacy principles?
- What are the rules around consent?
- What privacy legislation applies to my organization?
- What is the role of the Information and Privacy Commissioner?
- How do I manage privacy risk?
Participants will leave this online session understanding the "language" of privacy and the principles and legislation that applies to their organizations.
Participants will also receive access to the Privacy Horizon Library which is a global resource that links ICT specialists to privacy legislation and best practices from around the world.
Registration (3 Part Course)
Cancellation & Refunds