Event – Presentation: Becoming Accountable: Achieving Success in Population Health Management
This event is presented by the Michigan HIMSS Chapter in collaboration with the Great Lakes Chapter of the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE).
Date: Friday, May 12, 2017
Time: 10:00 am-12:45 pm program
Location: Interactive Learning Center, 2436 Woodlake Circle #380, Okemos, MI 48864
Food: Lunch will be served
Registration: Click here to register today.
- ACHE Member – $40.00
- HIMSS Member – $40.00
- Non-Member Registration – $55.00
- Students – $15.00
Registration Cancellation Policy: There is no refund for cancellations within 21 days of the program.
CEUs: ACHE will offer 1.5 CE credits for this program.
Managing and being accountable for the health of a defined population is the new reality in healthcare. This session outlines the concepts of population health management in the Health Reform era. The presenter will discuss the implementation of population health management in a mid-size community hospital. Case studies of how healthcare organizations become accountable for population health by improving health status and driving cost-effective utilization will be presented. Topics to be discussed include risk stratification, shifting clinical orientation from volume to value, and leveraging Patient Centered Medical Homes as the foundation for accountable care.
- Describe key success factors for effective population health management
- Discuss innovative physician-hospital collaboration approaches for becoming accountable
- Identify specific planning and implementation steps to forming accountable care organizations
10:00 Welcome and Introduction of Moderator and Panelists
10:10 30-minute video presented by Bob Edmondson, MPH, FACHE "Becoming Accountable: Achieving Success in Population Health Management"
10:40 Reaction to video by panelists
- Moderator: Sam R. Watson, MSA, MT (ASCP), CPPS, Senior Vice President, Patient Safety and Quality, and Executive Director, MHA Keystone Center
- Panelists: Dr. Leland A Babitch, MD, MBA, MPRO, President and CEO and Dr. J. Michael Kramer, MD, MBA, Senior Vice President and Chief Quality Officer, Spectrum Health
11:45 Luncheon Speaker: Dr. Pankaj Jandwani, VPMA Post-acute care and Chief Medical Information officer, MidMichigan Health.
- "Role of Health IT in Achieving Accountability with Population Health"