GA HIMSS February Lunch and Learn
Topic: The link between patient safety and cybersecurity.
The healthcare industry is arguably one of the most appealing targets for attackers. Hospitals are now familiar with Ransomware but unfamiliar with other security risks that exist. The healthcare industry has difficult choices between spending limited funding on medical devices, training staff, or security. During this presentation we will share insights over a multiple year research project designed to help healthcare companies with security. Attendees will learn:
- How is clinical risk in IT systems currently being managed?
- What security standards are relevant for cyber security and patient safety?
- How does your EMR impact your risk posture?
- How connected healthcare is impacting your risk posture?
- Actionable steps you can take to protect patients