HIMSS Scholarships open for application through September 25, 2017
Virginia Chapter of HIMSS Scholarship
Purpose and History
The Virginia Chapter of HIMSS is pleased to sponsor a scholarship for a student of health information technology or informatics. The chapter established this scholarship to promote the development of emerging leaders in health information technology management. Virginia student members are all encouraged to apply for the scholarship. In addition to the $5,000 scholarship award, the recipient will also receive a trip to the HIMSS Annual Conference and Exhibition (some restrictions may apply).The chapter will award two scholarships this year!
The call for applications is now open and will close on Monday, September 25, 2017 by 11:59 pm CT. Scholarship recipients will be notified in December 2017. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
HIMSS 2017 Recipient
Catherine Firth, MPH, Master of Public Health (Policy, Law & Ethics), University of Virginia
For Scholarship Consideration, Nominees Must
- Applicants must be attending classes at the time the scholarship is awarded at any Virginia accredited college/university related to healthcare, the management of information systems and affiliated professions. Attendance can be part or full time but should be part of a formalized program that leads to a specific degree in the associated field.
- Current member in good standing of HIMSS and the Virginia Chapter of HIMSS;
- The applicant must be attending a school in Virginia;
- Applicants must be willing to actively participate as a Student Liaison to the Chapter Board if selected;
- Is not currently serving on one of HIMSS boards (HIMSS NA, HIMSS Analytics, PCHAlliance, etc.);
- Cannot be currently employed by HIMSS, nor engaged in a consulting contract with any component of HIMSS;
- Award judges are ineligible to be apply;
- Previous Foundation Scholarship recipients are ineligible.
The Nomination Process
Any person meeting the eligibility and required criteria may be nominated. Candidates may also nominate themselves for the scholarship. Only fully-completed applications submitted by the published deadline will be considered.
The online application form will require the following information:
- A completed application using the online nomination form;
- Two letters of recommendation provided by any of the following: peers, colleagues, managers, or professors. We discourage nominees from submitting letters of recommendation written by Selection Committee judges;
- Resume/curriculum vitae.
The Virginia Chapter of HIMSS Scholarship Provides
- Symbol of recognition;
- Public announcement in an official HIMSS publication and on relevant website(s);
- Registration to HIMSS Annual Conference and Exhibition;
- Airfare for recipient to travel to conference;
- Two-night hotel stay for recipient near conference location;
- $5,000 scholarship to recipient (sent after conference);
- $200 Honoraria (sent after conference);
For more information, contact email@example.com.