MI HIMSS Chapter Fall Conference - Save the Date
Location: Sheraton Detroit - Novi Hotel
Conference Title: "Fix the DAMN Roads!" How Innovation, Interoperability, and Emerging Initiatives are Paving Michigan's Road to Health Equity and Access
Date / Time: Thursday, October 3, 2019 – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Location: Venue is in the Metropolitan Detroit area at the Sheraton Detroit- Novi Hotel, 21111 Haggerty Rd., Novi MI 48375
Hotel Details: Call the Marriott reservations at 1.800.721.7033 and advise them of the name of the event: State Chapter of Health Info Servces-Michigan HIMSS Chapter. Chapter member room rate of $149 per night based on arrival on 10/2/19 and departure on 10/3/19 (conference date). Hotel reservations must be received on or before Tuesday, September 17, 2019, in order to be eligible for the discounted room rate.
Registration Fees: Click in the link to register today.
- MI HIMSS Members - $75.00
- Non-Member (Fee includes one year MI Chapter Membership) - $95.00
- Student Member - $35.00
- Student Non-Member - (Fee includes one year MI Chapter Membership) - $50.00
Agenda: There will be panel discussions as well as two key note speakers, morning and afternoon.
- Morning Key Note Speaker: Kimberlydawn Wisdom, MD, MS, SVP, Community Health and Equity and Chief Wellness and Diversity Officer, Henry Ford Health System, Michigan’s First Surgeon General. Topic: What Michigan as a state needs to do and what we should do as a nation to advance on the road to wellness, improving health equity and access.
- FHIR-Side Chat Speakers: Robert Dieterle, Owner, EnableCare Group, and other panelists should include members of HITA for national policy and the EHR Association. Topic: Interoperability, technology standards, HITAC, DaVinci
- The Gravity Project Speaker: Evelyn Gallego, MBA, MPH, CPHIMS, SIREN/HL7 Gravity Project Program Manager, EMI Advisors, LLC [The Gravity Project is a national collaborative to advance interoperable social risk and protective factors documentation.] Topic: Data Standards and Social Determinants of Health
- Quality Measures Panel Discussion: Bruce Maki, MA, M-CEITA, Program Manager, Altarum Institute, and Maggie Lohnes, RN, MBA, CPHIMS, FHIMSS, Research Associate, IMPAQ International. Panelists invitations have been extended to additional speakers at both CMS and NCQA.
- Michigan State Interoperability Roadmap Panel Discussion: Sara Esty, Senior Deputy Director, Policy and Planning, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, Michigan HIT Commission; Nicholas D’Isa, Director of Compliance and Legal, Physicians Health Plan (Michigan) and Valerie Rogers, MPH, Director, Government Affairs, HIMSS
- How Artificial Intelligence, Mobile Technology and Innovation Can Improve Wellness and Equity While Reducing Disparity: Adam Culbertson, Health IT Program Manager, Boston Children’s Hospital and Innovator
- A Michigan and Illinois, Robert Wood Johnson Initiative, Data Across Sectors for Health (DASH): Melissa Morehead, Policy Strategist Policy Manager, Michigan Public Health Institute
- Building an Enterprise Business Intelligence and Analytics Capability at the Marshfield Clinic: MT Joseph, Vice President, Enterprise Business Intelligence and Analytics, Marshfield Clinic Health System
Sponsorship Opportunities: To learn about sponsorship opportunities, please contact Mr. Lee Marana .