Michigan Chapter of HIMSS Annual Event: One Day - Circle Your Calendar!
Date: Thursday, October 18, 2018
Location: Inn at St. John’s, 44045 Five Mile Road, Plymouth, MI
- 8:00 am – 9:00 am Registration and Continental Breakfast with Vendors
- 9:00 am – 9:15 am Welcome
- 9:15 am – 10:00 am Session 1: Healthcare disruption What is healthcare disruption, how is it identified, impact
- 10:00 am – 10:45 am Session 2: Healthcare disruptors consumer lead: Current programs impacting consumers and providers acting as disruptors of healthcare Google Health Care
- 10:45 am – 11:15 am Break with our event sponsors
- 11:15 am - 12:30 pm Session 3: Healthcare disruptors provider lead. Discussion of the Amazon/Berkshire/JPMorgan what does this mean, how will this impact healthcare Speaker: Dave Morin
- 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm Lunch
- 1:30 pm – 2:15 pm Session 4 Panel Discussion: Question for Panel Consideration: In an effort to provide high quality, cost efficient care with improved outcomes for Michigan citizens, it is necessary that all Michigan providers and plans are aligned. Currently there are disconnects among payers, physicians and provider settings that create challenges in achieving these desired outcomes. What do you think is the biggest challenge preventing the forward movement towards alignment of these outcomes? If we could make one change to meet these goals what would that change be? Panelists: Tom Simmer (BCBSM), Sam Watson (MHA). Other panelists to be determined. Moderator: Carla Smith (HIMSS)
- 2:15 pm – 3:30 pm Session 5: Preparing for changes in healthcare, how to plan for and meet the challenges of healthcare disruption
- 3:30 pm – 3:45 pm Close
- 3:45 pm – 5:30pm Networking reception with vendors
Registration: To open shortly.
Conference Fee: To be added shortly.
Sponsorship Opportunities: There are a number of sponsorship opportunities that remain available for this event. Contact Mary Anne Ford for additional information.