Nursing Informatics Boot Camp
2017 Nursing Informatics Boot Camp
This intensive two day course focuses on current informatics trends and issues in health. It includes content for nurses interested in becoming Certified Informatics Nurses. Other clinical professionals working in informatics may wish to take the course to become exposed to the course topics.
Susan K. Newbold, PhD, RN-BC, FAAN, FHIMSS is a Healthcare Informatics Consultant from Franklin, TN. Previously she was the Education Lead for the implementation of the Electronic Health Record (EHR) at the Hospital Corporation of America, Nashville, TN. She is uniquely qualified to teach this course as she has experience in the vendor, consulting, academic and hospital world. Dr. Newbold is Board Certified in Nursing Informatics and initiated the first review course in nursing informatics in 1995 which she taught over 100 times. In 2001 she won the Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing International Technology Award for Knowledge Advancement for this course. She is the HIMSS 2015 Chapter Leader of the Year awarded in 2016.
University of Kentucky Albert B. Chandler Hospital
800 Rose St.
Lexington, KY 40536
Attend the NI Boot Camp and receive a FREE registration to the Clinical Informatics Symposium on Wednesday - 9/13/17 (discount code will be provide upon registration).
$399 per person (Until 9/1/17)
$499 per person (After 9/1/17)
NOTE: Registration fee includes all meals and snacks
1. Discuss the scope and standards of nursing informatics practice
2. Describe professional practice, trends and issues within the informatics nurse role
3. Explore management and leadership issues affecting informatics in healthcare settings
4. Identify key concepts in informatics, information technology, information management, knowledge generation and data security
5. Consider human factors in relation to information technology systems
6. Describe models and theories associated with informatics
7. Delineate steps of the system life cycle as it applies to information technology in the health setting
Foundations of Practice
System Design Life Cycle
Data Management and Health Care Technology
We have negotiated a preferred hotel rate for those needing overnight accommodations:
1953 Nicholasville Road
Lexington, KY 40503
$129/night - Click Here for direct reservation with the hotel