Data Analytics for Clinical and Business Intelligence
Key Bridge Marriott, Rosslyn, VA
1401 Lee Highway, Arlington, Virginia 22209 ~ Blue & Orange Metro Line
Early Bird Ends: March 8, 2019
Early Bird Member: $55
Early Bird Non-Member: $65
General Rate Ends: March 15. 2019
General Rate Member: $60
General Rate Non-Member: $70
Late/At the Door Rate Starts on March 16
Late/At the Door Rate - Member: $75
Late/At the Door Rate - Non-Member: $85
5:30 pm to 6:20 pm Networking with refreshments
6:20 pm - Chapter announcements & Program
The digitization and collection of vast amounts of data has fundamentally changed healthcare missions by offering new insights and better decision making across health business and care delivery enterprises. This month’s panel will explore current uses and evolving needs of health organizations with a deep dive on data analytics and business intelligence as critical tools used to allow clinicians, administrators, and researchers to holistically view and use data for improved healthcare outcomes. Our speakers from DHA, VA, and CMS will offer insights and perspectives on emerging uses for data analytics in federal health, including:
- What is the impact of data analytics on large data systems like legacy and current-state EHRs and other enterprise systems, and what value does that offer patients and providers?
- What data questions are agencies trying to answer with data analytics, and what emerging data needs are driving the adoption and expansion of data analytics tools and platforms?
- How can cross-agency partnerships improve healthcare outcomes and provide cost savings to programs and patients alike?
- analytics can improve healthcare across legacy and new systems.
- Jeff Grant, Deputy Director for Operations, Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) (Confirmed)
- Tony Kerlavage, Ph.D., Acting Director, Center for Biomedical Informatics & Information Technology, National Cancer Institute (NCI) (Confirmed)
- Lisa Bari, Health IT and Interoperability Lead, CMS Innovation Center, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) (Confirmed)
- COL(R) Larry Connell, Chief of Staff, Veterans Health Administration (VHA), Veterans Affairs (VA) (Confirmed)
- Justin Fanelli, Principal Engineer with the Naval Information Warfare Center Atlantic (Confirmed)
- Geoff Howard, Vice President, ManTech Defense and Veteran Health