SoCal HIMSS Nursing Informatics Boot Camp 2018
Good Samaritan Hospital
Moseley-Salvatori Conference Center
637 Lucas Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90017
Are you thinking about increasing your knowledge of informatics, obtaining certification in NI, attaining contact hours for re-certification, licensure or promotion? Want to network with others in your field? Attend SoCal HIMSS Nursing Informatics Boot Camp December 13-14, 2018.
This intensive two day course focuses on current informatics trends and issues in health. It includes content for nurses interested in becoming Certified Informatics Nurses. Other clinical professionals working in informatics may wish to take the course to become exposed to the course topics.
This program is approved for up to14 continuing education (CE) hours for nursing and 14.5 CE hours for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the Certified Professional in Healthcare Information & Management Systems (CPHIMS) and the Certified Associate in Healthcare Information & Management Systems (CAHIMS).
- Discuss the scope and standards of nursing informatics practice
- Describe professional practice, trends and issues within the informatics nurse role
- Explore management and leadership issues affecting informatics in healthcare settings
- Identify key concepts in informatics, information technology, information management, knowledge generation and data security
- Consider human factors in relation to information technology systems
- Describe models and theories associated with informatics
- Delineate steps of the system life cycle as it applies to information technology in the health setting