Using data analytics strategically to achieve your healthcare improvement efforts
Dates: May 18 & 25, 2017
12:00 - 1:30 PM ET
Live, interactive, online session via Webex
Instructor - Trevor Strome - Healthcare Analytics, Business Intelligence, and Quality Improvement Specialist
The promise of data analytics is to provide the evidence and insight necessary to completely revolutionize the delivery of healthcare. Yet so often our “analytics” consists of an oddball collection of disconnected dashboards, reports, miscellaneous spreadsheets. Healthcare leaders throughout an organization need actionable insight to remediate performance issues, implement innovative processes, and manage within financial realities. This is only possible when decision-makers (ranging from executives to front-line quality improvement professionals) are able to access the information they need, when they need it, in a format that is useful and that guides them to the proper actions to take.
The six main components of the Strategic Analytics Framework (Context, Dialogue, Data, Team, Techniques, and Technology) empower an organization to fully leverage the power of the data within their healthcare organizations and to provide healthcare decision-makers with the knowledge and tools to identify improvement opportunities, align improvement efforts throughout the organization, and closely monitor progress towards achieving the goals of transformation.
What Will be Covered
- Discover the six essential components of a transformational analytics system (Context, Dialogue, Data, Team, Techniques, & Technology)
- Explore the analytics system architecture that manifests source-system data into actionable and timely intelligence and insight for executive, clinical, and quality improvement stakeholders.
- Learn from examples and real-life case studies how analytics can be deployed to inform decision-making at all levels of an organization.
- You will gain a useable framework for a transformational analytics system to drive evidence-informed decision-making at all levels within the healthcare organization.
- With the framework, you will achieve the performance goals of your organization by aligning quality and performance goals from across the organization to provide actionable intelligence for healthcare executives and transformation teams using optimal data management, team development, technology implementation, and analytical techniques.
- Healthcare leaders (CEOs, COO, CIO)
- Healthcare managers and directors
- Data and decision support analysts
- Quality improvement practitioners
Cancellation & Refunds