West Texas CAHIMS / CPHIMS Review Course
Texas Tech Health Science Center
3601 4th Street, Classroom ACB 1C125A
Lubbock, TX 79430
Competency areas covered by this review course include:
- Healthcare Environment
- Technology Environment
- Selection, Implementation, Support, and Maintenance
- Testing and Evaluation
- Privacy and Security
About CPHIMS Certification
The Certified Professional in Health Information and Management Systems validates your expertise as a leader in Health IT. This certification is for experienced professionals who want to demonstrate their commitment to the field and advance their careers. The Review Course offers an overview of the exam content outline, covering healthcare and technology environments; systems analysis, design, selection, implementation, support, maintenance, testing, evaluation, privacy and security; and administration leadership and management. Those who sit for the exam and pass it will become armed with a valuable credential, distinguishing them as advanced professionals in an increasingly competitive marketplace.
CPHIMS Eligibility Requirements
To qualify to take the CPHIMS examination and earn CPHIMS certification, you must either:
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and
- Have five years of information and management systems* experience, with three of those years in a healthcare setting**.
- Hold a graduate degree or higher from an accredited college or university and
- Have three years of information and management systems* experience, with two of those years in a healthcare setting**.
For detailed information on CPHIMS eligibility requirements, please refer to the CPHIMS Candidate Handbook.