HIMSS15 Chapter Leader Planning
As a HIMSS chapter leader, it is important to prepare for 2015 HIMSS Annual Conference & Exhibition. Below are activities that chapter leaders who plan to attend HIMSS15 in April should be aware of.
- Chapter Leadership Workshop – The workshop on Sunday, April 12 from 2:00 – 4:30 p.m. in the convention center, is open to all chapter leaders. Register in advance.
- Promote HIMSS15 and chapter membership – HIMSS is created a chapter Marketing Toolkit to help promote HIMSS15 to all healthcare professionals. Encourage chapter members to attend.
- Chapter Receptions – Those hosting a chapter event at conference have been receiving emails to confirm the details. Please look for emails requiring responses.
- HIMSS Block Party - Chapters have the opportunity to host a table at the HIMSS Block Party pending space availability – Wednesday, April 15 from 5:30-7:00 p.m., in the convention center. (This is the event formerly known as Community Open House) Submit through this HIMSS Block Party survey request.
- Discount Code - As a token of appreciation, all chapter leaders a $100 discount off one regular individual HIMSS15 full registration fee. This discount is non-transferable and only one promo code (discount) is allowed per person. To apply the discount you must register online and enter the promotional code 15ACDFCHP. For those who registered without the code, please send an email to Chapter Staff to ensure that the discount is applied.
- Chapter Awards - The 2014 Awards and Recognition Program call for nominations is closed. The winners will be announced shortly and acknowledged at the awards ceremony at HIMSS15.
Find the most updated information on the CLRA at clra.himsschapter.org>get involved. Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2014 Chapter Award Recipients
Recognizing outstanding contributions to HIMSS and the healthcare industry, HIMSS named its 2014 award and scholarship recipients. In addition, the HIMSS Foundation and three HIMSS chapters provided seven scholarships to students enrolled in health IT and management systems degree programs.
Award winners are nominated in four award categories: industry service, HIMSS service, publications and chapters. All award and scholarship recipients will be honored at the HIMSS Awards Gala on Tuesday, April 14 during the 2015 HIMSS Annual Conference & Exhibition in Chicago, Ill. HIMSS would like to thank the hard work of all of the chapter leadership, but in particular the 2014 Chapter Award winners below:
Chapter of the Year Award
- Nebraska Chapter -Small
- Arizona Chapter- Medium
- Southern California Chapter- Large
Chapter Leader of the Year Award
January 2015 Chapter Leader Webinar
The most recent HIMSS Chapter Leader Webinar was held Jan. 15. During this session HIMSS staff members shared information pertaining to the 2015 HIMSS Annual Conference & Exhibition. This time was used to better educate chapter leaders for chapter offerings and activities at HIMSS15, which included a conference overview, following by discussing the 2015 Chapter Workshop, HIMSS Chapter Receptions, the HIMSS Block Party and the HIMSS15 Chapters Toolkit.
Listen to the webinar recording, and stay tuned for upcoming Chapter Leader Webinars!
Chapter Marketing Toolkit
Promote chapters’ HIMSS15 participation with customizable marketing materials. The HIMSS Annual Conference & Exhibition is the destination for thousands of health IT professionals from around the world. This site contains complimentary tools to help chapter leaders create customized materials to market chapters’ HIMSS15 participation and promote attendance to members.
The items in the Chapter Marketing Toolkit will allow chapter leadership to insert chapter name, logo and other copy in a template format. Please note that because the full-page and half-page ads are considered HIMSS property, customized ads must be approved by HIMSS prior to publication. Please send a PDF to Brook Butterfield, senior manager, creative services, marketing, HIMSS, for approval, and allow two days for turnaround. Each item contains supporting files for quick, easy customization.
New Chapter Formation: Lubbock, TX
HIMSS is pleased to welcome a new chapter to the HIMSS family. The Lubbock Texas Chapter of HIMSS was approved during the December 2014 HIMSS Board meeting, making it the 55th HIMSS chapter. They proudly serve the northwestern region of Texas. While it is just the beginning of the onboarding process, local chapters are encouraged to reach out to Lubbock to offer support. Feel free to send any outreach to Lubbock.email@example.com.
President – Travis Hanson
President Elect – Bruce Edmunds
Treasurer – Cappi Phillips
Communications/Marketing Chair – Carson Scott
Volunteer for HIMSS Committees
HIMSS is pleased to announce the open application period for HIMSS Committees. In this key role, available for a term of two fiscal years, committee volunteers play an instrumental part in leading and executing the strategic initiatives of HIMSS while building a strong network and expanding professional development opportunities. Committee participation is open to all HIMSS members who are not currently serving in other leadership positions within the Society, and have maintained active membership for at least the past 12 consecutive months. Apply now and be part of a movement dedicated to transformation and advancement of health IT.