Call To Action
FY18 Chapter Task Force Call for Applications
HIMSS is now accepting FY18 Chapters Task Force (CTF) applications. Take this opportunity to share your knowledge as an experienced chapter leader by applying to be a member of the FY18 Chapters Task Force (CTF). More information on the task force can be found on the CLRA CTF page. To become a member of this important Task Force, complete the online application by March 13. Applicants are encouraged to review the CTF Charter.
Please reach out to Chapter Staff to discuss this opportunity or to speak with a current task force member.
HIMSS Annual Call for Committee Volunteers
HIMSS is seeking health IT leaders to serve on one of the HIMSS Committees – involving a two-year commitment leading and executing strategic initiatives dedicated to the transformation of health IT. The application period will be open until March 13. Apply now.
HIMSS17 Reminders for Chapter Leaders
HIMSS staff hopes to see you at the 2017 HIMSS Annual Conference & Exhibition on Feb. 19 – 23, in Orlando, Fla.
- Chapter Receptions, Luncheons, and Meetups – 23 chapter receptions/luncheons and eight chapter meetups at HIMSS17. Check out the conference reception website for details.
- Chapter Presidents Meetup – Wednesday, Feb. 22 from 2:30-3:15 (Chapter presidents and presidents-elect only).
- Chapter Leadership Workshop – Chapter Leader Workshop is open to all chapter leaders and will be held on Sunday, Feb. 19 from 2:00-4:30 in Orlando (in-person only). Register here.
- HIMSS Interoperability Showcase Tour – HIMSS has arranged a private tour of the Interoperability Showcase for chapter leaders on Monday, Feb. 20 from 2:00-3:00. Join us at the showcase! If you are interested in what else is happening in the showcase during your tour please see our schedule here.
- HIMSS Communities Open House – 16 chapters and 18 HIMSS communities will be hosting a table at the Communities Open House. Please join us on Monday, Feb. 20 from 5:30-6:30 in the Valencia Ballroom foyer.
- HIMSS Member Engagement Session – Optimism Your Membership. Wednesday, Feb. 22 from 1:00 – 1:45 at the HIMSS Spot Theatre. All are welcome.
- Schedule at a Glance provides an overview of HIMSS17 activities.
- Promote HIMSS17 and Chapter Membership – Please utilize the Chapter Marketing Toolkit to help promote the conference.
- Registration & Housing – There’s still time to register for HIMSS17. Hotel rooms should be booked through onPeak website.
- Discount Code – As a token of appreciation, HIMSS offers all chapter leaders a $100 discount off one regular individual HIMSS17 full registration fee. This discount is non-transferable and only one discount code is allowed per person. To apply the discount register online and enter the promotional code 17ACDFCHP.
Keynote Speakers at HIMSS17
Join the discussion with our prominent panel of keynote speakers at HIMSS17:
All Keynotes will be located at the Orange County Convention Center in the Valencia Ballroom, W415.
- Ginni Rometty, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, IBM
Monday, Feb. 20 from 8:30 to 10:00am
- John Boehner, Former Speaker, US House of Representatives
Ed Rendell, 45th Governor of Pennsylvania
Thursday, Feb. 23 from 8:30 to 10am
- Robert Herjavec, Cybersecurity Expert, Entrepreneur, Author
Kevin O’Leary, Investor in Innovation
Thursday, Feb. 23 from 1:15 to 2:30pm
Essential Conversation at HIMSS17
Essential Conversation at HIMSS17 is an hour-long education session that includes expert-led lectures followed by an “essential conversation” with the audience. The goal of these sessions is to engage the audience in active learning and participation. The speaker(s) facilitate the discussion, asking for audience comments and questions, allowing participants to contribute to the session content and drive their own learning. Attendees are able to hear the experiences of the entire room and listen to multiple perspectives on the same issue, allowing them to connect with and learn from the conversations and experiences of peers.
Tools & Resources
Policy Webinar Reminder
Join HIMSS for the 2017 Chapter Leader Policy & Procedures Webinar that will be held on March 2 from noon to 1pm CT. During this session, HIMSS Staff will review the 2016 chapter leader policies manual to ensure leaders are informed and to answer questions. The HIMSS Policy and Procedures Manual is located at the Chapter Leader Resource Area (CLRA) under Chapter Foundation Material Policies and Procedures.
To attend, please complete the registration form HERE. This webinar will be recorded and posted on the CLRA.
Chapter Website Analytics
As of January 1, HIMSS started distributing two Google Analytics website reports to all chapters’ info email addresses on the first of each month. These reports are meant to help you better manage your website and the traffic flow to your website. We will be setting up WebEx meetings to discuss the reports to ensure chapters are getting the most benefits from their distribution. Please complete the short form to designate the board member from your chapter to be included on the email communication for the meetings. We welcome more than one member per chapter – please complete one form per member.
Health Care Data Analytics
HIMSS is excited to be able to offer a free Introduction to Health Care Data Analytics course. Earn 20 CE hours for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the CPHIMS or CAHIMS by completing this online, self-paced course. The course begins on March 12 and must be completed by May 20. Registration is open now through March 12. Learn more.
Focus on Long-Term Good Health with Free Immunization Capability Testing
Three (3) organizations working together - CNI Advantage, HIMSS and ICSA Labs, now invite health IT vendors to test their immunization-capable products in the Immunization Integration Program [IIP] supported by CDC. Participation is free of charge. Vendors who participate in this program will demonstrate that their product includes software capabilities that address provider and patient reminders and up-to-date demographics and immunization information. Learn more.
Meet One-on-One with Our International Health IT Commercial Specialists
The U.S. Commercial Service is offering U.S. companies at HIMSS17 the opportunity to schedule one-on-one private meetings with our international Health IT Commercial Specialists from Austria, Brazil, Norway and Sweden. Receive a market assessment for your company, learn about upcoming marketing opportunities, and discuss and plan your international growth strategy with our experts who have helped many U.S. companies achieve success over the years.
To register, send an email to LeeAnne Haworth and William Toerpe including: Name of company, Company Point of Contact at HIMSS17, Market(s) of interest and Exhibition Booth Number (if applicable).