HIMSS MI Chapter - September 25th Symposium and October 8th Innovation Virtual Mixer
A bit of chill in the air as Fall begins to widen its reach...don't forget there is still time to register for this Friday's Nursing Informatics Symposium and the October 8th Innovation Mixer!
4th Annual Symposium Hosted by the American Nursing Informatics Association (ANIA) Heart of America Chapter (Kansas and Missouri)
- Title: “Finding the Heart in Informatics”
- Date: Friday, September 25, 2020
- Time: 9:15 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. (Eastern) (access Zoom link as early as 9:00 a.m.)
- CNEs Available: 4 CNEs are available for attending the entire symposium.1 Recordings will be provided after the event.
- Registration: Fee of $30 for symposium. Click here to complete. Payment via PayPal, PayPal as guest, or Credit Card. No refunds available.
Schedule for Symposium:
- 9:15-9:30 a.m. Welcome: Lauren Gray, Chapter President
- 9:30-10:30 a.m. Paul Aylin, MBChB, FFPH, FRCPE - From big to bigger The potential for “big data” to improve patient care
- 10:30-10:45 a.m. Break (sponsor) Kansas City Free Eye Clinic
- 10:45-11:45 a.m. Cheryl Hertel, MBA, RN-BC, FACHE, CHCIO Journey from Nurse Informatics to CIO
- 11:45 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Break (sponsor) First Hand
- 12:00 -1:00 p.m. Nicole Mohiuddin, MS, BSN, RN-BC, and Sem Ponnambalam, MA Cybersecurity in the Time of COVID-19 and Beyond
- 1:00-1:15 p.m. Break
- 1:15-2:15 p.m. Carolyn S. Harmon, DNP, RN-BC - Nursing Cognitive-Overload and Electronic Documentation Burden: The Current State of Science
- 2:15-2:30 p.m. Closing: Lauren Gray, Chapter President
1 The University of Kansas Health System’s Education and Development is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. Note: To receive CE hours, you must attend each speaker’s presentation in its entirety and complete the program evaluation.
MedHealth Virtual Matchmaking Mixer, Thursday, October 8, 2020
The HIMSS Michigan Chapter is delighted to support MedHealth, part of TechTown in the Detroit area, in their latest innovation event. The event provides unique networking opportunities with innovators to conduct 15-minute, introductory virtual meetings for those interested Michigan organizations based on their area(s) of greatest interest. To learn more about the free event, click here.
- Date/Time: Thursday, October 8, 2020, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Eastern)
- Agenda: Click here.
- Opening Remarks By: Paul Riser, Director, Detroit Urban Solutions at TechTown Detroit
- Keynote Conversation: Congresswoman Brenda Lawrence, U.S Representative; Lisa McLaughlin, Cofounder and CoCEO, Workit Health; Stacey Frankovich, Program Manager, MedHealth (facilitator)
- Who should attend this event? Healthcare innovation purchasers, research institutions, healthcare innovators, entrepreneurial support organizations, and investors.
- Access: Attendees have access to live-streamed event content through Brella, the event networking platform that suggests high-quality matches based on mutual needs and allows attendees to invite one another to meet.
- Registration: Scroll to the bottom of page to register today for this free event.
We would like to thank our Chapter Sponsors who make our events and efforts possible through their generous support. For any questions or information about Sponsorship opportunities, contact Mr. Dan Boyle.