HIMSS Michigan Chapter - More Events Scheduled
Three events scheduled beginning tomorrow, Thursday, October 22nd and into November.
1. Tomorrow, October 22nd!
HIMSS ExeConnect 2020 hosted by the HIMSS Minnesota Chapter
The HIMSS Minnesota Chapter is pleased to present its first annual HIMSS ExeConnect marquee event – a live fireside chat with executive leaders from Midwest-based healthcare organizations, life sciences and small to large technology companies who will share their key priorities and innovation roadmap for 2021.
- Date/Time: Thursday, October 22, 2020 from 12 noon to1:15 pm (Eastern)
- Registration: $30 for the Execonnect 2020 event. Click here to register.
Rita Khan, Chief Digital Officer of Mayo Clinic and Sharon Kirby, Chief Nursing Informatics Officer of Mayo Clinic are the moderators of the event with the following executives to be featured in the event. The participants include:
- Christopher (Cris) Ross, Chief Information Officer | Mayo Clinic
- Julie Flaschenriem, Chief Information Officer | Hennepin Healthcare
- Jonathan Shoemaker, Chief Information & Improvement Officer and Senior Vice President | Allina Health
- Mouli Venkatesan, Senior Vice President & Chief Information Officer | OptumHealth & UnitedHealth Group's Enterprise Clinical Technology
- Robert Booker, Senior Vice President & Chief Information Security Officer | UnitedHealth Group
- Sameer Badlani, MD, FACP, Chief Information Officer | M Health Fairview
- Phil McKoy, Digital Transformation Leader | Optum
- Alan V. Abramson, SVP of Information Services & Technology and Chief Information Officer | HealthPartners
- Mark Waind, Executive Vice President & Chief Information Officer | Altru Health Systems
- Hal Wolf, President and CEO | HIMSS
2. Webinar Title: Telehealth Use and Perceptions in Rural Michigan Report
- Date / Time: November 11, 2020 starting at 12:00 pm (Eastern)
- Registration: Click here to register for free webinar.
- Speakers: Mr. Eric Frederick, AICP, LEED AP, Vice President, Community Affairs Executive Director, Connect Michigan, and Mr. Chris McGovern, Director of Research Development, Connected Nation
The use of telehealth services to support long-distance clinical healthcare, public health initiatives, and health administration has grown rapidly over the past few years; with the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, the demand for such services has skyrocketed. Making telehealth services available to all Americans requires ensuring that healthcare providers have the right tools, patients are aware of their telehealth options, and reliable broadband service is available to transmit the terabytes of data that these services require.
In February 2020, Connected Nation released a study that examines the three facets needed for a successful telehealth outreach: well-prepared healthcare networks, well-informed patients, and broadband services to bring the two together. This study examined state broadband and healthcare policies to measure how well Michigan stacks up against its neighbors in terms of telehealth readiness. In addition, we spoke with patients and healthcare providers in five rural counties across the state to measure telehealth usage, attitudes toward the growth of telehealth offerings, as well as barriers that prevent both doctors and patients from embracing telehealth services as an option. This presentation will share their findings from the study and more as they explore telehealth use and perceptions in rural Michigan.
Mr. Eric Frederick, Vice President, Community Affairs; Executive Director, Connect Michigan
Mr. Frederick is Connected Nation’s Vice President of Community Affairs and Director of Connected Nation Michigan. In this role, Mr. Frederick is responsible for managing the development and implementation of CN’s Connected Community Engagement Program (Connected), across the United States. In addition, he provides primary management, oversight, and support for Connect Michigan’s statewide strategy. Mr. Frederick holds a Master’s in urban and regional planning from Michigan State University and a Bachelor of Science in urban planning and GIS from Northern Michigan University.
Mr. Chris McGovern, Director of Research Development @Connected Nation
Mr. McGovern is the Director of Research Development for Connected Nation. He is an economist whose work focuses on the impact of broadband access and adoption on communities, how households use their broadband service, and how to close the Digital Divide in America. Mr. McGovern holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science from the University of Illinois at Chicago and a Master of Science degree in economics from Murray State University.
3. November 13, 2020, Webinar: Track It All!
Join the HIMSS Michigan Chapter for the November, 2020, webinar. This month, “Track It All” will feature how to secure your assets and route your people effectively using a single command center. Hear from the team at the Henry Ford Innovation Lab on how this has impacted the day-to-day operations.
- Date/Time: Fri, Nov 13 - 12:00 PM
- Registration: Click here to register for this free webinar. [After registering, you will directly receive log in information from Zoom.]
Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, needed a way to track certain mobile processes and roles within the 3-million square foot, 17-floor, 877-bed facility. By creating a GPS-grade Digital Twin with Apple’s IMDF of the entire building, they now have real-time visualization and location of staff members that carry iPhones and iPads with the NavvTrack app installed.
Henry Ford Health System and their Innovations Group incubated a new start-up to commercialize an indoor navigation and location services platform built on Apple’s Indoor Mapping Data Format (IMDF) and Indoor Positioning (IPS) technology. This new company, Navv Systems, Inc., has begun the process of commercializing the platform, called NavvTrack®, and has recently signed its first hospital system outside of the Henry Ford system.
We would like to thank our Chapter Sponsors who make our events and efforts possible through their generous support. For any questions or information about Sponsorship opportunities, contact Mr. Dan Boyle.