LAST CALL!! Call for Nominations Closes Monday, May 8th.
Call for Nominations
The New York State Chapter is now receiving nominations for the following Chapter Officers listed below. Nominations are open until Monday, May 8, 2017; voting for the election of officers will be open from Monday, May 15, 2017 until Monday, May 29, 2017. The term for all positions is two years; from July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2019.
- Individuals may self-nominate or be nominated by another member of the HIMSS NYS Chapter (provided they have contacted the individual and are willing to run).
- Nominees must be a member in good standing of both HIMSS and the NYS Chapter of HIMSS for at least 1 year.
- Nominations should be sent to John Schrenker, the Chapter President-Elect, at email@example.com and should included the following information:
- Name of the person being nominated;
- Position they are nominated for;
- Contact email address and phone number.
- Nominees should send a photo (head shot) and brief bio (200 words or less) to John Schrenker. The bio and photo will be published on the chapter web site and/or sent out to chapter members when open voting is announced.
The President-Elect shall, in the absence of the President, preside at all meetings of the Chapter and the Chapter Board of Directors; shall automatically succeed to the ofﬁce of President at the end of the presiding President’s term; and shall perform all duties incident to the ofﬁce of President-Elect and such other duties as may be prescribed by the President or by the Chapter Board of Directors. The term of the President-Elect is two years, after which they advance to the position of President for an additional two years. Upon completion of
President – This position is filled by the President-Elect at the completion of their term and is not open for election; it is included for those considering service as President-Elect.
The President shall be the chief executive ofﬁcer, and shall in general supervise and control the affairs, of the Chapter. The President may sign, with the Secretary or any other proper ofﬁcer of the Chapter authorized by the Chapter Board of Directors, any deeds, mortgages, contracts, or other instruments which the Chapter Board of Directors has authorized to be executed, except in cases where the signing and execution thereof shall be expressly delegated by the Chapter Board of Directors or by these bylaws or by the statute to some other officer or agent of the Chapter. The President shall preside at all meetings of the Chapter and the Chapter Board of Directors; except as otherwise provided in these bylaws, shall appoint the chair of all committees and, in consultation with the chair, make all committee appointments; and in general shall perform all duties incident to the ofﬁce of President and such other duties as may be prescribed by the Chapter Board of Directors. The President shall automatically succeed to the office of Immediate Past President at the end of his or her term in ofﬁce as President.
The Secretary shall keep or cause to be kept the minutes of the meetings of the Chapter Board of Directors and voting members; shall see that all notices are duly given in accordance with the provisions of these bylaws or as required by law; shall be custodian of the corporate records; shall keep or cause to be kept an accurate census of the Chapter membership; and shall in general perform all the duties incident to the ofﬁce of Secretary and such other duties as from time to time may be assigned by the President or by the Chapter Board of Directors.
The Treasurer shall be responsible for all funds and securities of the Chapter; shall receive and give receipts for monies due and payable to the Chapter from any sources whatsoever, and shall deposit all such monies in the name of the Chapter in such banks, trust companies, or other depositories as shall be selected in accordance with the provisions of these bylaws; shall submit ﬁnancial reports to HIMSS, to the Chapter Board of Directors at its regular meetings, and to the Chapter membership at its Annual Meeting; and _ shall in general perform all the duties incident to the ofﬁce of Treasurer and such other duties as from time to time may be assigned by the President or by the Chapter Board of Directors. Typical Duties include:
- In conjunction with the Chapter President and BOD, develops an annual Chapter Budget reflecting all reasonably anticipated Chapter revenue and expenditures.
- Tracks and reports income and expenditures against the budget on a monthly basis.
- Oversees an annual audit of all chapter accounts.
Chapter Board Member At-Large (3)
The Officers of the Chapter shall be a President, President-Elect, Secretary, Treasurer, the Immediate Past President and three (3) Board Members At-Large. At-Large Board Members enhance the Board’s representation by serving on Chapter Committees and work groups and representing those groups in BOD discussions.