MI HIMSS Chapter - 2 Events This Week and Still Time to Register
Calling all IT professionals and students!
There are two events in Michigan this week! It’s not too late to register for tomorrow’s Fall Conference in Novi and Friday’s event in Marquette.
See you there!
1. Annual Fall Conference 2019 – Thursday, October 3rd in Novi
There is an outstanding roster of speakers to educate and inform our attendees about health equity and access. There is still time to register for this annual event. Bring a friend and enjoy the educational and networking opportunity.
- Conference Title: "Fix the DAMN Roads!" How Innovation, Interoperability, and Emerging Initiatives are Paving Michigan's Road to Health Equity and Access
- Date / Time: Thursday, October 3, 2019 – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Location: Venue is in the Metropolitan Detroit area at the Sheraton Detroit Novi Hotel, 21111 Haggerty Rd., Novi MI 48375; phone number 248.349.4000
- Hotel Details: Call the Marriott reservations at 1.800.721.7033 and advise them of the name of the event: State Chapter of Health Info Services-Michigan HIMSS Chapter. Discounted rooms are no longer available but attendees can request a room at the rack rate.
- Registration Fees: Click here to register for the conference. If you have any problems when registering, please send a note to let us know. Breakfast and lunch are provided.
- MI HIMSS Members - $75.00
- Non-Member (Fee includes one year MI Chapter Membership) - $95.00
- Government or Military Employee - $82.00 (Courtesy discount applied for non-members. When registering, please use your employer email address.)
- Student Member - $35.00
- Student Non-Member - (Fee includes one year MI Chapter Membership) - $50.00
- Morning Key Note Speaker: Kimberlydawn Wisdom, MD, MS, SVP, Community Health and Equity and Chief Wellness and Diversity Officer, Henry Ford Health System, Michigan’s First Surgeon General. Dr. Wisdom has been named one of the top 25 Innovators in U.S. Healthcare by Modern Healthcare in the August 16, 2019, issue.
- FHIR-Side Chat Speakers: Robert Dieterle, EnableCare Group, and Matt Englehart, MS, Director, Research and Development, Michigan Health Information Network Shared Services (MiHIN).
- The Gravity Project Speaker: Lisa Nelson, MS, MBA, Vice President, Business Development and Marketing and Principal Informaticist for MaxMD, a health information services provider. [The Gravity Project is a national collaborative to advance interoperable social risk and protective factors documentation.]
- Michigan State Interoperability Roadmap Panel Discussion: Sara Esty, JD, MBA, Senior Deputy Director, Policy and Planning, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, Michigan HIT Commission; Nicholas D’Isa, Director of Compliance and Legal, Physicians Health Plan (Michigan) and Co-Chair, Michigan HIT Commission; Carrie Paykoc, MS, MBA, interim Director of the Office of eHealth Innovation (CeHI) and State Health IT Coordinator; Valerie Rogers, MPH, Director, Government Affairs, HIMSS.
- Afternoon Key Note – Clinical Standards and Quality: Quality Measures and Value-Based Incentives, Michelle Block Schreiber, MD, Director, Quality Measurement and Value-Based Incentives Group, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid.
- Quality Measures Panel Discussion: Michelle Block Schreiber, MD, Director, Quality Measurement and Value-Based Incentives Group, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid; Bruce Maki, MA, M-CEITA, Program Manager, Altarum Institute; Keri Christensen, MS, FHIMSS, Director, Research Innovation, National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) and Maggie Lohnes, MN, RN, CPHQ, FHIMSS, Research Associate-Clinical Quality Measure Lead, Health Division, IMPAQ International.
- Technical Innovations – How Artificial Intelligence, Mobile Patient Focused Technologies and Innovation Can Improve Wellness and Equity While Reducing Disparities: Adam Culbertson, Health IT Program Manager, Boston Children’s Hospital and Innovator; former Innovator-in-Residence, ONC, and Lenel James, CPEHR, CPHIT, Business Lead, Health Information Exchange and Innovation, Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
- A Michigan and Illinois, Robert Wood Johnson Initiative, Data Across Sectors for Health (DASH): Melissa Morehead, Senior Program Manager (DASH) and Senior Policy Manager, Michigan Public Health Institute.
Sponsorship Opportunities: We would like to thank our sponsors for this event. Their generosity provides support to deliver meaningful programs to the members of the Michigan Chapter of HIMSS and the broader audience of healthcare Information Technology professionals and students.
2.Connect UP Health SummIT 2019 – October 4
This inaugural event is hosted by the Upper Peninsula Health Information Exchange (UPHIE).
- Date and Time: Fri, October 4, 2019 Conference from 8:30 am – 3:00 pm EDT plus Networking from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm
- Conference Location: Hampton Inn Marquette/Waterfront, 461 South Lakeshore Boulevard, Marquette, MI 49855
- Networking Location: Iron Bay Restaurant and Drinkery Taproom,105 E Washington Street, Marquette, MI 49855 Please RSVP at registration.
- Lodging: A block of rooms has been reserved at the Hampton Inn Marquette/Waterfront for October 3, 2019 - October 6, 2019. The special room rate will be available until August 20th or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first, To register online, click here.
- Registration: This conference and the networking event are at no cost to the attendees. Register today for both the conference and the networking event. Meals including breakfast & lunch will be provided. Please note any dietary restrictions at registration.
- Agenda: The topics of the conference include:
- State of HIE in MI
- ONC Update
- ARCS/ADT/Med Rec Best Practices
- MiHIN Use Cases (current and in development)
- UPHIE Portal Demo
- Payer & Practice Panel Discussion
- Social Determinants of Health (SDOH)
- Who Should Attend: Chief Information Officers, IT managers / directors, primary care clinic directors / managers, practitioners and allied health professionals, care managers, quality / PCMH leads.
- Conference Questions: Please contact: Lee Marana, Upper Peninsula Health Information Exchange (UPHIE) at 906.225.7961.
We would like to thank our Chapter Sponsors who make the Novi event and other events possible through their generous support. For any questions or information about Sponsorship opportunities, contact Mr. Lee Marana.