Michigan HIMSS Chapter – Call for Volunteers + Events (May-June, 2017)
The Michigan Chapter of HIMSS is seeking volunteers to be part of committees tasked with supporting chapter activities and events.
If you are interested, please send a note to Jerry Morin, President-Elect, at your earliest convenience. We are planning for the 2017-2018 fiscal year and want to have a complement of volunteer committee members to participate in the process.
Events for May and June, 2017 - Join Us!
1.Event: Presentation and Lunch - “Becoming Accountable: Achieving Success in Population Health Management” The event is a collaboration with the Great Lakes Chapter of ACHE and the Michigan HIMSS Chapter.
- Date: May 12, 2017
- Time: 10:00 AM - 12:45 PM
- Location: Interactive Learning Center, 2436 Woodlake Cir #380, Okemos, MI, 48864
- Registration Fees (includes lunch): Register today http://www.glache.org/event-2515347
- ACHE Member – $40.00
- HIMSS Member – $40.00
- Non-Member Registration – $55.00
- Students – $15.00
- Cancellation Policy: There is no refund for cancellations within 21 days of the program.
- Food/Beverage: Lunch provided
Managing and being accountable for the health of a defined population is the new reality in healthcare. This session outlines the concepts of population health management in the Health Reform era. The presenter will discuss the implementation of population health management in a mid-size community hospital. Case studies of how healthcare organizations become accountable for population health by improving health status and driving cost-effective utilization will be presented. Topics to be discussed include risk stratification, shifting clinical orientation from volume to value, and leveraging Patient Centered Medical Homes as the foundation for accountable care.
- Describe key success factors for effective population health management
- Discuss innovative physician-hospital collaboration approaches for becoming accountable
- Identify specific planning and implementation steps to forming accountable care organizations
- 10:00 Welcome and Introduction of Moderator and Panelists
- 10:10 View 30-minute video presented by Bob Edmondson, MPH, FACHE "Becoming Accountable: Achieving Success in Population Health Management"
- 10:40 Reaction to video by panelists
- Moderator: Sam R. Watson, MSA, MT (ASCP), CPPS, Senior vice president, Patient Safety and Quality, and executive director of the MHA Keystone Center
- Panelists: Dr. Leland A Babitch, MD MBA MPRO, President and CEO & Dr. J. Michael Kramer, MD, MBA, Senior Vice President and Chief Quality Officer, Spectrum Health
- This program has been developed and is presented locally by GLACHE). The American College of Healthcare Executives has awarded 1.5 ACHE Face-to-Face Education Credits to this program.
- 11:45 Luncheon Speaker Dr. Pankaj Jandwani, VPMA Post-acute care and Chief Medical Information officer, MidMichigan Health “Role of Health IT in achieving accountability with population health”
- Topic: Trends in HIT to improve care coordination and patient experience for patients with Mental Health and Substance Abuse Disorders
- Date: May/June (specific date to follow)
- Time: TBD
3.Event: Conference “Connecting Michigan for Health”
- Co-Sponsor: Michigan HIMSS Chapter; areas of interest include Advocacy and Public Policy
- Dates: June 7-9, 2017
- Location: Conference at the Lansing Center
- Conference Web Site: Click here for more information http://connectingmichigan.net/
- Registration: Early Bird Registration available through April 30, 2017 http://connectingmichigan.net/
- Attendees: Health information technology professionals, clinicians, health care leaders and decision makers, members of the state government, representatives of commercial health plans, and leading vendors.
- Note: More conference details to follow in the coming weeks.
4.Event: West Michigan Meet and Greet, Education Session & Networking
- Date: Late June, 2017 (specific date to follow)
- Time: TBD
- Location: Kalamazoo area