Michigan HIMSS Chapter - Q1 2019 Events
Welcome to 2019 and New Events for Members!
The Michigan Chapter Board wishes you a Happy New Year. We are excited to share a number of new events scheduled in the next few weeks.
IHE North American Connectathon 2019
Dates: January 21-25, 2019
Location: Cleveland, OH
Registration: Click here to register
- Title: Innovations in Interoperability
- Date/Time: Wednesday, January 23rd, 8:30am – 6:00pm ET
- Keynote Speaker: Steven Posnack, Executive Director of the Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT
- Session Description: Advancements in health information exchange and the characteristics of interoperability are being shaped through a variety of organizations and initiatives. Achieving interoperability of health information within and among healthcare organizations requires dedicated focus not only on the people and the processes but also on the organization’s vision, strategy, and business model capabilities. Join IHE USA and HIMSS for a highly interactive conference comprised of educational sessions, demonstrations, a hands-on workshop and an exclusive tour of the IHE North American Connectathon testing floor and HIMSS Innovation and Conference Center.
- Title: Ring of FHIR Interoperability Testing Event
- Dates/Times: Thursday, January 24th, 8:00am – 5:30pm ET & Friday, January 25th, 8:00am – 12:00pm ET
- Session Description: Health IT developers and implementers at healthcare organizations across the country will soon be required to know how to leverage Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR®). Michigan Health Information Network (MiHIN) and IHE USA are hosting a collaborative interoperability testing event based on HL7 FHIR® specifications and the MiHIN FHIR PIT and Ring of FHIR implementation, consisting of tutorial material and face to face testing at the IHE NA Connectathon 2019. The tutorial will be presented as part of the Innovations in Interoperability - Connectathon 2019 Conference on Wednesday, January 23 (separate registration required), and the Ring of FHIR Interoperability testing event will take place the following days. Take advantage of this exciting opportunity to get hands-on experience and learn, develop, and test the exchange of health information using MiHIN’s FHIR Pilot Interoperability Testbed!
HIMSS19 Chapter Reception
- Registration: Click here to register to join us:
- Date: Tuesday, February 12, 2019
- Time: 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Location: Orange County Convention Center, Exhibit Floor, Booth 3645
Join us for an outstanding networking opportunity to meet other colleagues from Michigan while you are enjoying the Annual Conference!
We would like to thank our Chapter Sponsors who make this and other events possible through their generous support. For more information about Sponsorship opportunities, contact Mary Anne Ford.