WPHIMSS June Newsletter
Western PA HIMSS is still seeking Board of Directors Members for the upcoming 2016-2017 year!
Are you or someone you know interested in leading WPHIMSS by:
- Providing leadership and direction to the 500 plus chapter members
- Networking and socializing with healthcare executives, community leaders, government officials, and officers from other HIMSS chapters (HIMSS currently has over 50 chapters in the US)
- Identifying opportunities for professional development of WPA HIMSS members
- Granting continuing education unit opportunities to HIMSS members
- Keeping up with the latest developments in health information technology and being able to spread the understanding and knowledge among WPA HIMSS members
- Collaborating with other professional organizations such as: American College of Healthcare Executives, Healthcare Financial Management Association, American Association of Healthcare Administrative Management, and more
- Organizing interest groups to foster discussion and advocacy on areas of interest such as: Clinical Information Systems Refinement, Interoperability Challenges, and Telemedicine
Our board is looking to expand its membership. There are multiple leadership opportunities to enhance and participate with the implementation of the WPHIMSS strategic plan. The specific roles are still available are below:
SUMMARY OF UPCOMING CHAPTER EVENTS:
More information on the below events will be sent via email and posted on our website and social media. Stay tuned!
REMINDER: HIMSS16 Recap with Wellcentive
Hopefully you already registered to join us on Wednesday, June 22nd for our annual HIMSS conference recap. As a reminder, the event is from 5:30-8:30pm at the Pittsburgh Life Sciences Greenhouse. We'll see you there!
Wearables and Remote Monitoring
Join us on Wednesday, July 20th for an exciting event with Dr. Andrew Watson. Join us for conversation, networking, and a tour of UPMC's Center for Connected Medicine.
When: Wednesday, July 20th from 5:30-8:30pm
Where: UMPC Center for Connected Medicine
Registration details to follow.
Save the date! Join us on Thursday, September 8th for a half-day discussion on the role of IT in the future of healthcare. We have a packed agenda that includes the following topics:
- The Emerging Power of Healthcare Analytics
- Patient Engagement: A Global Strategy for Performance Improvement in Healthcare Today
- Using IT to Reduce Hospital Admissions from Nursing Homes
- Emerging Challenges in Healthcare IT
When: Thursday, September 8th from 12-6pm
Where: Pittsburgh Life Sciences Greenhouse
Registration details to follow.
PA Healthcare Summit
Mark your calendars! The annual PA Healthcare Summit is scheduled for October 14th. The Western Pennsylvania Healthcare Summit, or PAHS, is a one day summit sponsored by Pittsburgh’s leading healthcare business education organizations including the Allegheny County Medical Society, American Association of Healthcare Administrative Management (AAHAM), American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE), Healthcare Council of Western Pennsylvania (HCWP), Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA), Healthcare Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS), and Western Pennsylvania Healthcare Information Management Association (WPHIMA). This one-day educational event offers two distinct tracks delivering education on cutting-edge advancements within healthcare administration, finance, and information technology. PAHS 2016 will take a look at the future of healthcare through innovation and will feature industry leaders such as David Holmberg, CEO, Highmark and John Bulger, DO, FACOI, FACP, MBA, CMO, Geisinger Health System and Geisinger Health Plan. PAHS offers continuing education credits including CEU's, CPE's, and Face-to-Face Credits.
When: Friday, October 14th, 8am-5pm
Where: Sheraton Station Square
Registration details to follow. In the meantime, please contact email@example.com with any questions.
WPHIMSS CHAPTER NOTES
Read WPHIMSS Board member Kristin Biedinger's recap of Epic's trade secret case here.
Do you have interest in a healtcare administration degree or know someone who does? Find out more information here from the Center for Online Education.