Social Determinants of Health (SDoH) and the National Capital Area Organizations that Support These Conditions - SAVE THE DATE
- Mary's Center for Maternal and Child Care, Inc., www.maryscenter.org (2021 Charity Awardee)
- Prestige Community Resources, www.prestigecommunityresources.org (2021 Charity Awardee)
- Pozez Jewish Community Center (JCC) of Northern Virginia, www.thej.org (2019 Charity Awardee)
- Pathway Homes, Inc., www.pathwayshomes.org (2016 Charity Awardee)
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, National Capital Area Chapter, www.AFSP.org
- Barry Dickman, HIMSS NCA, Charity / Outreach & Collaborations Chair & Past President
- Dan Blum, HIMSS NCA, Advocacy & Community Chair
Special Guest: Deniz Soyer, Project Manager, Health Information Technology & Exchange
Deniz Soyer is a Project Manager with the District of Columbia Department of Health Care Finance, which administers Washington D.C.’s Medicaid program and regulates health information exchange (HIE). Deniz works closely with developers, public health leaders and other health system stakeholders to design, develop and implement HIE infrastructure projects in the District of Columbia. In this capacity, she currently leads the District’s Community Resource Information and Exchange (or CoRIE) Project – the nation’s first HITECH funded HIE project to address social determinants of health. Deniz is also an accomplished public health researcher and data scientist. Since 2019, she has been an active participant in the HIMSS Foundation’s Global Health Data Analyst Exchange Program. Deniz received her MBA from The George Washington University School of Business and her Master of Public Health, specializing in Biostatistics and Epidemiology, from the University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine.
Click on the register button for further details.