DVHIMSS Winter Symposium: “Innovation in HIT” New ways to solve problems
Chemical Heritage Foundation, 315 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106
We are thrilled to announce an exciting lineup of Keynote and Panel speakers for our annual Winter Symposium, focused on “Innovation in HIT” New ways to solve problems! Join us at the Chemical Heritage Foundation, Philadelphia, Pa., on January 18, 2018, as we bring together more than 125 healthcare IT executives and leaders, who will share insights, experiences and knowledge on Innovation in HIT and how innovation has shaped and impacted the world of healthcare.
· Increase awareness and understanding of what's happening with start-ups and innovation and what’s required to accomplish and sustain success
· Learn how disruptive technologies in healthcare have revolutionized the availability of data
· Identify both benefits and challenges from the provider perspective as innovation continues to accelerate in healthcare
· Learn from a panel of leading local healthcare organizations about game-changing healthcare innovations happening in our own back-yard
Featured Keynote and Panel Speakers
Steve Barsh, Chief Innovation Officer, Dreamit
Healthcare Innovation Trends: What's Happening, Why, and What you Should be Doing About It
Steve has over 30 years of experience starting, leading, launching, and building multi-national companies as well as early stage venture work. He has helped launch over 100 companies that have generated over $1B in value. He has extensive experience working with entrepreneurs, scientists and physicians on rapid identification and de-risking of critical make-or-break assumptions as well as shaping those companies along with guiding their early stage venture rounds. Steve started his first company while he was graduating college and sold that company 7 years later to MCI where he went on to lead the combined division. He is a special advisor to NASA for their annual NASA Cross Industry Innovation Summit. Steve taught in the Wharton MBA program at the University of Pennsylvania and has a BS in Computer Science from the University of Michigan.
Donald Levick, MD, MBA, CPE, FHIMSS
Disruptive Technologies in Healthcare, or The Model T Redux
Don is a practicing Pediatrician and the Chief Medical Information Officer at Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN). He has worked in Clinical Informatics since 2000, and has worked on numerous healthcare information technology projects. He was one of the executive clinical leaders for the implementation of Epic at LVHN. He is Chair of the Network Data Governance Committee and was the initial lead for the Enterprise Analytics Group, the network resource for reports and analytics. He is the Past-President of the Medical Staff of LVHN and currently serves as Treasurer for the LVHN Medical Staff.
Health Care Innovation Collaborative (HIC) Panel Discussion
Building a Geographic Center of Excellence for Global, Next-Generation Healthcare Businesses
- part of the Chamber’s CEO Council for Growth - Health Care Innovation Collaborative (HIC), a panel of leading regional providers, innovators and venture capitalists that will discuss the regional focus and future of healthcare innovation for our Greater Philadelphia and National market.
Don’t miss this wonderful opportunity to network and learn with local regional leaders in Innovation! Final agenda and program will be shared soon. We look forward to seeing you there!
Leading the Health IT Conversation in the Delaware Valley